Phases of ED Treatment
The staff members at The Victorian have created a safe and intimate treatment facility.
The Victorian staff has created a safe and intimate treatment center where a woman can come to receive top notch eating disorder treatment
. The women learn new ways to cope with very serious eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia that have had such a negative impact on their lives.
This page captures some of the parameters that are used to guide the woman through the recovery process but every woman has a unique treatment program that is personalized just for her. The best way to understand how the Victorian will treat you or your loved one is to contact our admissions
counselors for a confidential assessment and to have your questions answered.
Treating co-occurring addictions in our clients in addition to the eating disorder is a specialty of The Victorian.
The Victorian Phase I:
- Structured inpatient treatment with 24 hour staff supervision. Treatment consists of :
- 12 Step Meetings for eating disorders/substance abuse
- Bi-weekly sessions with registered dietitian
- Individualized meal plan preparation, and monitored mealtimes
- Individual counseling sessions with staff therapist and case manager
- Family sessions with clinical director
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Process groups
- Nutritional education
- Body image group
- Yoga & meditation
- Restaurant outings
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Relapse prevention
- Relationship group
- Life skills & goal setting
The Victorian Phase II
- Usually offered in the 2nd month, Phase II offers the same groups as Phase I with more choice and flexibility. With the assistance of the case manager, patients’ treatment schedules are individualized and can include:
- Spiritual growth groups (Celebrate Recovery)
- Enrollment in TEACH program (back to school)
- Grief and trauma
- Anger management
- Dual diagnosis
- Volunteer work within the community.
The Victorian Phase III:
- Phase III is provides a transitional living experience during which women will participate in a minimum of 20 hours treatment per week, including a minimum seven 12-Step meetings per week. Other groups/workshops offered include:
- menu planning
- grocery shopping with staff
- house meeting and process group
- individual counseling with staff therapist, case manager, and registered dietitian
- involvement in volunteer work, a ‘get-well’ job, or school work.
- Weekend and overnight supervision is monitored by house parent. Client may have her own transportation.
The Victorian Phase IV "Patrice House":
"Extended Care" for females with Eating Disorders (and/or Substance Abuse issues). Length of stay – unlimited.
Read more about The Patrice House
- must meet weekly with case manager
- must attend minimum five 12 step meetings per week
- must attend weekly house meeting
- must participate in random drug screenings
- mandatory weight checks
- must participate in labs
- demonstrate a commitment to continued recovery/abstinence