Patrice House - Transitional Program for ED Recovery
Likelihood of long term abstinence from an eating disorder is correlated to the length of participation in structured treatment.
The Victorian has created a Transitional Program for women to "step down" from the more intensive residential program into a supportive residence that helps prepare them for living on their own in recovery.
Patrice House - Transitional Program
Women who live at The Patrice House have successfully managed to put together a strong foundation of recovery in the highly structured primary program at The Victorian (or a comparable facility). The Patrice House is a transitional program which allows for the strengthening of the woman's foundation for recovery.
The Patrice is a "step down" from primary treatment where a nurse lives with the residents. The woman who resides at The Patrice House will have frequent meetings with a case manager so that the her progress and well being can be continually assessed.
Women are encouraged to continue to work on coping and life skills. The Case Manager develops a weekly schedule collaboratively with woman emphasizing accountability and honesty. The woman will take trips to the grocery store with her case manager who will assist in planning the woman's menu.
Integrating Back into Society
The Woman may obtain a "get-well job," volunteer work, or even return to school. Patrice House residents are allowed to bring their own transportation to treatment at this time.
Some women choose to continue their education by participating in the T.E.A.C.H. College Program at our parent facility. This program provides a very structured residential setting and transportation to and from classes at local colleges. An academic adviser is provided for transcript assistance, monitored study sessions, and academic tutoring.
Women in The Patrice House may choose to participate in the Celebrate Recovery Program at our parent facility. This is a very popular version of the 12-Step recovery program which incorporates the Christian Bible
The goal of this stage is to support clients towards living a more fulfilled life, with emphasis placed on the development of support networks to help them through challenging times.
Included in The Patrice House Activities
- Each woman will receive a $75.00 food card each week
- Each woman will attend 3 groups per week at the Victorian (*case manager or therapist will assist in identifying most beneficial groups)
- On Tuesday nights all women attend the required house meeting/dinner at Patrice
- On Sunday nights women attend required dinner meeting at The Victorian
- Women will meet at least once a week with registered dietitian
- Women will meet at least once a week with case manager
- Women will meet once a week with Dr. Lob(Therapist)
- Woman's Case Manager will conduct weekly phone calls with family for treatment program update
Optional Scheduled Activities (Depending on work/treatment/school schedule):
- Lunch outing with The Victorian and dietician on Wednesday
- Saturday night dessert outing
- Drum circle Saturday mornings
- OA (Overeaters Anonymous) meeting Sunday morning
- OA meeting on Tuesday nights
- ABA (Anorexia and Bulimia Anonymous) meeting Monday night at the Victorian
- Movie night at The Victorian on Friday night
- Nutritional group on Tuesday with Registered Dietitian
Women at The Patrice House should observe these rules:
- attend minimum seven 12 step meetings per week
- meet weekly with case manager
- obtain a sponsor and have Sponsor Card signed and turned into Case Manager at end of week
- attend weekly house meeting
- submit to random UA’s, breathalyzer, weighing and labs when required to do so by staff
- participate in weight checks
- participate in labs
- demonstrate a commitment to continued recovery/abstinence
- practice total abstinence from any mind-altering chemical and/or drug
- laxative or laxative-like substances, energy drinks or any other substance which involves the raising or lowering of one's metabolic rate are strictly prohibited
- Obtain volunteer or job (or both) and/or attend school
- no over the counter or under the counter supplements of any kind house parent will distribute these
- keep common areas and my room clean and attend to and complete chores as assigned by House Parent
- cannot go to any type of bar, nightclub, rock concert, race track, or casino without permission from Case Manager
- adhere to all curfews: 10pm curfew Sunday – Thurs and 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday
- stereos are to be kept at a level that does not disturb roommates or neighbors. Headphones are to be used with personal stereos
- no smoking in the house. Smoking is allowed outside on the patio (cigarette butts must be disposed of properly)
- no visitors in the house
- be respectful of your roommates and support your House Parent and all staff personnel
- sign-in and sign-out sheets must be done. This is to ensure that the houseparent is aware of your whereabouts
- t.v. must be off at 11:00pm Sunday through Thursday and at 12:00am Friday and Saturday
- no clean or dirty laundry lying out in the bedroom. All laundry must be put away within the same day